Sunday 5 April 2015

My first Killing Floor character: Kimi Räikkönen

Finally! Somehow I did it. Thanks for TWI Forum members for trying to help me out! So it works finally. It's still not finished completely, but it works with ServerPerks mutator. Fantastic!

Kimi Räikkönen - Killing Floor
Perk selection screen with my model
So finally, it looks like I can make custom character models for Killing Floor. I am planning to create three more characters then who knows, maybe even more.

What I would like to fix is the face itself, and the hair. Also there are seam problems yet to be fixed. I wish I could make normal map for the models, but Unreal Engine 2.5 doesn't support it. Perkele!
It looks way better in Unity game engine with custom normal map for cloth folds and other details. But I am OK with it. Maybe I'll bake the normal maps into the texture, so it won't look that flat.

There are "things" behind me and I don't give a shit...
It is / was a good little project to learn a few new things about Unreal Engine and modelling in general. There were things like UV unwrapping and skinning that I didn't really like to do, but it's actually easy and fun. I learnt new techniques that help to speed up the workflow by a lot. For example, I know, how to fix texture seam errors thanks to this amazing and simple tutorial.

I still need to improve, and I will!

No comments :

Post a Comment